Content marketing plays a pivotal role in the success of any digital marketing campaign. In a world where people from nearly every age group are spending more time online, content marketing is one of the best ways to reach out to your target customers. But don’t just take my word for it. Here are some crucial content marketing ROI statistics that will prove that it is indispensable and worth every effort.
B2B Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- 86% surveyed marketers said that B2B content marketing helped them create brand awareness according to the 2020 B2B Marketing Trends report , published by Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs. This is 5% more than the 81% reported in 2019.
- 67% of surveyed B2B buyers said they rely more on content than they did last year to make informed purchase decisions. The Demand Gen Report’s 2020 Content Preferences Study reveals that buyers are leaning more towards engaging and enriching content to educate themselves.
- 84% of B2B marketers surveyed in the 2020 B2B Marketing Trends report, said their content marketing efforts were moderately to extremely successful. The survey by Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs defined success in terms of the organization achieving its targeted results.
- 69% of surveyed B2B marketers in North America achieved more content marketing success than in the previous year, according to the Content Marketing Institute’s report 2020.
B2C Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- 75% of surveyed B2C marketers considered their content marketing efforts to be moderately to extremely successful according to the B2C Content Marketing 2020 report by Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs.
- 84% of surveyed B2C marketers said that content marketing helped in brand building, as per the B2C Content Marketing 2020 report .
- 61% B2C marketers generated leads using content marketing in the past year, according to the same report.
- 75% of B2C content marketers said they were more successful than one year ago in the same report.
- 84% of B2C marketers have used content marketing successfully in the last 12 months to create brand awareness, as surveyed by the Content Marketing Institute in 2020. 51% said they were able to support the launch of a new product with content marketing.
Blog Marketing ROI Statistics
- Blogs are among the top three primary forms of media used in content strategy right now according to HubSpot Research’s Global Survey conducted in 2019.
- Websites with blogs generated 68% more leads than those without blogs, as Hubspot found when they analyzed 1400 websites’ inbound marketing activities – The Definitive Blueprint: Inbound Lead Generation.
- 81% of bloggers surveyed by Orbit Media for the 2019 Annual Blogging Survey reported strong marketing results from their blogs.
- Company websites with blogs tend to attract 55% more visitors according to Hubspot. Other benefits of a company blog found by the study included 97% more link-backs and 434% more pages indexed by search engines.
- 86% of surveyed marketers consider blog posts to be the most important content type contributing to their overall goals, according to a survey by SEMrush which involved 1200 marketers across 39 countries.
Video Marketing ROI Statistics
- 89% of surveyed marketers said that video marketing gives them a good ROI, in the Video Marketing Statistics 2020: The State of Video Marketing report by Wyzowl. This is a rise from 83% in 2019.
- 83% of surveyed marketers said video content was useful in lead generation, and 87% said it boosted website traffic in the WyzOwl report.
- 93% of marketers say they have been able to get a new customer through video content on social media according to the Social Video Trends: Consumer Insights for 2020 report by Animoto. Nearly 91% marketers say they are satisfied with the ROI from video marketing.
- 55% of surveyed consumers used online video for making purchase decisions while shopping in a store, according to Google’s research.
- 96% of people in a survey said that they watch explainer videos to learn more about a product or service, according to the Audience View in the Video Marketing Statistics 2020: The State of Video Marketing report.
Visual Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- 78% of surveyed consumers ranked infographics as their preferred type of content in the early stages of the buying process, in DGR’s 2019 Content Preferences Survey Report.
- 53% of online shoppers, according to Google’s research, say that images inspire them to purchase. That is one strong reason to add visual content to your marketing strategy.
- Buzzsumo found that posts with an image after every 75 – 100 words got twice the number of shares than articles with lesser images. They reviewed over 1 million articles and blog posts.
- Tweets with graphics or pictures got 150% more retweets than those without visual elements, says a research by Buffer.
- Facebook posts with graphics or pictures get 2.3 times more interactions than those without any visual element according to Buzzsumo.
- Infographics can improve website traffic by 12%, according to Demand Gen Report.
Social Media Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- 73% surveyed marketers stated that social media marketing was effective as a business marketing strategy in Buffer – State of Social report.
- 77% of consumers say that they would rather buy from a brand they follow on social media than others, according to a survey by Sprout Social.
- 60% of surveyed people said that they discover new products on Instagram, making it one of the most sought after channels for content marketing.
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products, as per a survey by Global Web Index.
- 87% of consumers who follow a brand on social media are likely to visit the brand’s website or app, according to The Sprout Social 2019 Index.
Looking at these numbers, it is certain that content marketing is here to stay and with time, the need to have a strong content marketing strategy is only increasing. If you want your digital marketing efforts to be successful, content marketing should definitely be at the top of your list of priorities.